Sharon Gabison joined the Home and Community team in April 2018 as the Hallisey Post-Doctoral Research Fellow. Her research in spinal cord injury and pressure injuries along with her clinical background as a Physical Therapist has led to her interest in the development of technology and tools to prevent pressure injuries. She earned her PhD in Medical Sciences from the University of Toronto while she studied the relationships between trunk function, pressure offloading and tissue health in individuals with spinal cord injury.
* S. Gabison, S. Mathur, M. C. Verrier, E. L. Nussbaum, M. Popovic, D. H. Gagnon. (2018). Quantitative ultrasound imaging over the ischial tuberosity: An exploratory study to inform tissue health. Journal of Tissue Viabillity. In press.
* S. Gabison, S. Mathur, E. L. Nussbaum, M. Popovic, M. C. Verrier. (2017). Trunk Function and Ischial Pressure Offloading in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine. June 14: 1-10. http://dx.DOI 10.1080/10790268.2017.1328345.
* D. H. Gagnon, A. Roy, S. Gabison, C. Duclos, M.C. Verrier, S Nadeau. (2016). Effects of Seated Postural Stability and Trunk and Upper Extremity Strength on Performance during Manual Wheelchair Propulsion Tests in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury: An Exploratory Study. Rehabilitation Research and Practice, p 1-11.
* S. Gabison, C. McGillivray, S. Hitzig, E. Nussbaum. (2015). A study of the utility and equivalency of two methods of wound measurement: digitized tracing versus digital photography. Advances in Skin and Wound Care. 28(6): 252-258.
* S. Gabison, M.C. Verrier, S. Nadeau, A. Gagnon, D., Roy, H. Flett (2014) Trunk Strength and Function Using the Multidirectional Reach Distance in Individuals with Non-Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, Sep 37(5): 537-547.